TIGAR Gymnastics and Cheer always accepts applications for multiple positions within our gym. These are full or part-time positions with pay depending on experience, credentials, demonstrated skills and responsibilities assigned. CPR & First Aid certification, full criminal background check, and full reference check are required prior to acceptance of employment with TIGAR.
TIGAR Gymnastics & Cheer is hiring for multiple positions! We are a growing gym in need of qualified coaches. TIGAR is home to an olympian, an NCAA athlete, along with a current US National Team Member. As our gym continues to grow, we are on the look-out for multiple positions.
Experienced instructors with a solid gymnastics or cheer background are encouraged to contact us and leave a resume at any time. Then, even if we don’t have an immediate opening, we can get back to you when something becomes available.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please email your resume, 3 references, and a cover letter for further consideration to email@example.com
TIGAR Gymnastics and Cheer is looking for valuable team members to work for our gym. Candidates must be trustworthy, punctual, honest, conscientious, knowledgeable, friendly, courteous, kind, loyal, reliable, enthusiastic, and sincere. We are looking for someone to provide:
- A safe physical environment
- Communicating in a positive way
- Teaching the fundamental skills and rules of gymnastics
- Providing a positive experience regardless of age or skill level
- Helping young athletes develop fitness as well as character and other life skills
We are looking for someone who LOVES to work with children. Gymnastics experience is a desirable, but not a deal breaker for us. We can train you on the knowledge and skills you need to know to teach our classes. The most important quality is that you are energetic and enjoy working with young kids.
Hours may vary according to your schedule needs, but can be within these limitations: Monday through Saturday mornings (9-12) and Monday through Friday evenings(3-7). Even if an hour or two may work for you, let us know!
Part-time tumbling instructor(s) to help with school-aged gymnastics/tumbling classes in the afternoon and evenings. This position would be for about 5-15 hours a week, depending on availability and experience. This position would be great for someone who has a passion for the sport of gymnastics, loves working with children, and has some experience as a coach. Ideally, we would like this person to have at least 2-5 years of coaching experience, but would be willing to make an exception for those who know the sport of gymnastics and have a willingness to learn! USAG members as well as CPR & First Aid certified a plus.
Recreational Gymnastics/Tumbling Coach Details:
5-15 hours a week, depending on availability and experience
2-5 years of experience preferred, some experience as a gymnastics coach required
Available to work evenings and Saturdays
Must be comfortable coaching preschool through Advanced level classes (will be willing to work with those who have experience working with lower levels, but it will decrease your hours)
RECREATIONAL DIRECTOR/PRESCHOOL MANAGER
TIGAR Gymnastics & Cheer is looking for a part-time Recreational Director/Preschool Manager to oversee all of the recreational programs in the gym including preschool and school aged gymnastics, tumbling and cheer classes, as well as developing curriculums. We are seeking high energy, friendly organized, and hardworking individuals who love working with kids.
This position requires strong communication, multi-tasking and organizational skills. We are seeking applicants that enjoy being in a fast-paced, positive environment, and who have the ability to stay calm under pressure while maintaining an energetic attitude.
Responsibilities for the Recreational Director include, but are not limited to:
Oversight and implementation of all aspects of TIGAR Recreational Gymnastics Program, including enrollment, curriculum development and implementation, coaching, recruitment of recreational employees, training and reviews of all recreational employees, parent communications, as well as program growth and athlete progressions
- Works alongside the Cheer Director and Cheer Manager in staffing recreational cheer and tumbling classes, along with identifying potential coaching candidates
- Works with individual and group athletes in all areas of recreation to help them progress in performing gymnastics, tumbling, and cheer skills
- Conducts periodic trainings with recreational coaches to continually improve instruction and curriculum implementation
- Develops recreational staff schedules, class schedules, and rotation schedules
- Manages and implements the preschool & school aged gymnastics curriculum
- Ability to coach any level of preschool or recreational gymnastics classes as needed
- Works in conjunction with the marketing team to promote services offered at the gym as well as at community outreach events in order to grow programs
- Communicates appropriately with parents/guardians through careful discussions and conferences before and after class as needed
- Maintains USAG membership in good standing, fulfills all requirements (Safety Certification, Background Check, U100
- Is able to lift a minimum of 55 pounds unassisted, and can spot, guide, and safely perform the standard duties of a gymnastics instructor
- Performs other related work as assigned
Responsibilities for the Preschool Manager include but are not limited to:
- Preschool class scheduling
- Manage preschool staff
- Weekly themes
- Staff training on proper preschool curriculum set in place
- Manage class numbers
- Develop class offerings on class schedules
- Manage waitlist openings and contact parents to fill openings
- Keep lesson plans, and testing sheets current
- Coaching preschool classes in the mornings as needed
- Set-up the preschool obstacle course before all preschool classes
- Must have at least 3-5 years of experience coaching recreational or competitive gymnastics
- Applicants must be at least 18 years or older
- Must be able to use a computer, completing tasks such as typing and using class management database program
- Experience answering phone calls and returning messages
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends
Competitive Gymnastics Coaches
Girls team gymnastics coach for our XCEL program. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience coaching competitive gymnastics with either USAG or XCEL. Must be available to work 3-5 evenings a week. This position could be between 15-25 hours a week, depending on your availability.